Criminal Defense (New Jersey Only)

Police lights pic

Frequently Asked Questions about Criminal Cases

Do I need a lawyer?

Whether or not you have a good defense to the charges against you, you have the constitutional right to have a lawyer represent you. Even someone without a good defense can sometimes have his or her charges reduced by way of a plea bargain in court. In some circumstances, charges may even be dismissed or thrown out of court. Each case is different, and some have better defenses than others. You may have options you didn't know about. The Villamor Law Offices can help you explore all of your options.

Even if you have NO DEFENSES we can still negotiate a plea deal for you

Should I just plead guilty?

If you plead guilty or are found guilty, the jail or prison time you're facing will depend on, among other things, the severity and degree of the charge/s against you:

Disorderly Persons Offenses
   ► Up to 6 months in county jail

Fourth Degree Crimes
   ► Up to 18 mos. in state prison

Third Degree Crimes
   ► 3 to 5 years in state prison

Second Degree Crimes
   ► 5 to 10 years in state prison

First Degree Crimes
   ► 10 to 20 years in state prison 

Depending on the charge, the sentence/punishment may also include:

  • Driver's license suspension
  • Probation
  • Fines, court costs & various monetary assessments
  • Community service
  • Restitution
  • Forfeiture of government job (for some offenses)

By pleading guilty, you are giving up the opportunity to get your charges reduced or dismissed. 

How much is the fee?

Our FLAT FEE fee starts at





We do not charge an hourly fee. We charge a FLAT FEE, which means that you pay one amount whether we go to court once, twice, or three times on your case. The exact fee will depend on the severity of your charges, the number of charges, your prior record, and other factors. 

Payment plans are available